Cloud Services Analysis and Assessment
Cloud Services is, in many cases, a cost effective solution for small, medium and large businesses. But, before you make the transition to the clouds or move from one cloud provider to another, take time to assess your business needs. Through careful analysis, your business can find the right solution which in turn will assist with finding the right vendor. Le Com Enterprises, Inc., provides both webinars and individual analysis to assist your business.
Cloud Services Analysis Template
Le Com Enterprises, Inc. has built a spreadsheet to help businesses assess cloud service needs PRIOR to purchase or with a Request for Information (RFI) proposal. The Cloud Services Analysis template is the first step in assessing cloud service need. The Cloud Services Analysis Template guides the preparation from identifying the Business Perspective and Project Requirements through Vendor Comparisons and Prices, and ends with a Migration Map. The template will help you with questions like:
- Who has analyzed the business need before making a cloud investment?
- Who has compared the business need to vendors providing these services?
- How does the business ensure a partnership with the best vendor at the best price?
- How will services migrate to the cloud vendor and integrate with other IT services?
Cloud Services are growing at a rapid rate. The Cloud Services Analysis Template is designed to help business analyze their cloud services needs, to contract with a cloud services provider, or to prepare for a formal Request For Proposal (RFP). The Cloud Services Analysis Template is a spreadsheet that includes sheets for:
- Business Prespective
- Project Requirements
- Vendor Comparison Services
- Vendor Comparison Pricing
- Migration Map for Application and Services
Organizations with public, private, or hybrid cloud services should periodically assess the health of cloud services, hosting vendor services, pricing models, and the appropriateness of the cloud services strategy. With growing embedded base of cloud services, it is wise to review that the organization has the right strategy, the right services, and the right vendor.
to ensure the right Cloud Services are selected for your organization!
Types of Cloud Services
Cloud Services have three types of clouds: public, private and hybrid. The public cloud is shared by all participants. The private cloud is typically used by businesses who want to protect and manage their cloud services. In many cases, businesses have both public and private clouds to provide the IT services overseen by their IT staff. Within the types of clouds, there are a number of services that are included:
- Collaborative – Website, office productivity suites, email, voice service, shared drive space, webinar services, and videoconferencing
- Software as a Service (SaaS) – Appear to have your own application to access in the clouds that is accessed via the web
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – Run your own application on a shared hardware platform
- Platform as a service (PaaS) – Share a Data Center but service your own servers and applications
- Unified Communications as a service (UCaaS) – Have telephony and collaboration services across a distributed business environment
- Security as a service (SECaaS) – Security for your cloud services
- Database as a service (DBaaS) – Have your database in the cloud for easy access from anywhere
- Management as a service (MaaS) – Monitor and manage your cloud services
- Identity as a service (IDaaS) – Protect your identity in your cloud services
- Backup as a service (BaaS) – Keep your data backed up in the cloud
- Desktop as a service (DaaS) – Have a virtual desktop in the cloud for access from anywhere
- Everything as a service (XaaS) – IT Services completely in the cloud
Many organizations benefit from Collaborative and other Cloud Services types. Do you have the cost analysis that confirms that Cloud Services is an effective alternative to having your own IT Services? Le Com Enterprises, Inc. can help you analyze and assess your optimal options and guide you in next steps should you seek Cloud Services. Contact us!
CIO Services – Virtual or In-Person